Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Here at St John’s our Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is an excellent way to bring together all our parents, teachers and hopefully the local community to raise money to support our school.
If you have a child at St John’s Catholic Primary, you are automatically a member of the PTA and all members have an equal say in all our endeavours.
It is your choice how involved you want to be, and we realise that your time is precious, so any help and support you can give us really is appreciated. You could help in a number of ways:
- Join our meetings - everyone is welcome. Details of meetings will be put on this page, in our newsletter and via class WhatApp groups.
- Volunteer to help at our events; look out for the notices around school which advertise forthcoming events or talk to a PTA member. We always need help to ensure our events run smoothly, in turn helping us to raise as much money as possible.
- Download the Shop and Give App – The Giving Machine! This allows you to shop online and give back to the school at the same time (at no extra cost). It works like a cash back scheme and therefore donations are generated every time you shop from one of the partnered retailers. Please download!
- Can’t make an event but still want to help? Talk to one of our members for details on how to make a donation.
If you are interested in being involved further, please contact Kate Robinson or Kara Dancey.
Vice Chair - Cathleen Lynott
Treasurer - Niamh Molloy
Secretary - Sarah Davis
Committee Members:- Kirsten Pass, Carol Smith, Lucy Royle, Anna Parker, Jolanta Blajek, Louise Schlosser, Lizzie Smart, Rachael Cannon, Kasia Dziurdzikowska, Karen Neate, Alison Rowsell
Ducklings - Kara Dancey
Hedgehogs - Sarah Davis
Kingfishers - Kasia Dziurdzikowska
Otters - Carol Smith
Badgers - Anna Parker
Foxes - Lizzie Smart
Robins - Karen Neate
Blackbirds - Kirsten Pass
Kestrels - Louise Schlosser
For all queries about school uniform orders or PTA events please visit our Facebook Page or drop in the WHITE PTA letter box.
Friday 20th May
Too Cool for School
Wednesday 25th May
PTA Meeting - 6pm in the school
All welcome, we are keen to hear new ideas!
After a difficult couple of years of not being able to do our usual fundraising events, we are thrilled to say that we are back, and what a year it’s shaping up to be! We have lots of ideas, including the return of the Quiz night and the Summer fete. It’s all good fun and it is great to know that all the money we raise goes to supporting our children in their education.
The PTA wishes to continue its success and continue to raise funds to buy extras for our children, helping to make their time at St. John’s even more special.
In the last 12 months the monies raised has gone towards:
- Literacy scheme and diversity books
- Forest school items
- Digital pantomime
- Classroom visualisers
- Sensory items
We are always thinking of ways in which the PTA funds can be spent in order to enhance your children's learning experiences, and we will use this page to keep our school community up to date with news.