From Monday 1st June 2020 St John's Catholic Primary School will be open to children in Reception, Year One, Year Six. We will also be open for children with an EHCP and Key worker children.
The teachers have been busy preparing the school for reopening, a letter has been sent to parents outlining how we intend to keep the children and staff as safe as possible.
Children in the other year groups will continue to be home-schooled and work will be uploaded to the class pages on the school website. We will continue to use Seesaw for the children to upload their work so that their classteacher can see it and comment on it.
We are very much looking forward to seeing some of the children back at school on 1st June.
Copies of recent letters sent during school closure.
Front page notice for the school website.
Welcome to St John’s Catholic Primary School, Bath. I am extremely proud and privileged to be the Headteacher of St John’s, and to be working with such a talented and dedicated staff team. The school is a happy and a caring place, where pupils are given every opportunity to succeed. We offer a rich, exciting and stimulating education that allows each child to grow and develop in the knowledge of Christ, the world and themselves.
With the highest quality teaching and first-class resources, we make your child’s learning our priority. We strive for excellence in everything we do, so that your child has the freedom and support to express their individuality and creativity through their work and play.
For current parents, on the class pages you will find curriculum newsletters giving you an overview of your child's learning, photographs of some of their learning in class, and information to help with homework. On other pages you will find information on clubs, dinners and much much more!
If you are a prospective parent we hope that you find this website useful, if you would like to come and visit our school then please call the office to make an appointment.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
St John’s Catholic Primary School is a learning community with a Catholic ethos founded on Gospel values. During their time with us, we will work with every child and in partnership with their parents / carers to:
- Love God, love one another, understand, value, and respect other faiths, and celebrate the common ground between us, and serve our community faithfully
- Find a love of learning and grow a wealth of knowledge
- Celebrate effort, progress and attainment – and never give up however hard the lesson
- Find the opportunity to use our unique gifts and talents in the name of God and grow these gifts as part of our own personal development and for the good of others
- Discover new friends, respect one another and celebrate difference in our school, community and world
- Support the social, physical and mental well-being of each other and our community
- Flourish, feel happy and secure at school and enabled to give their best, leaving the school ready for the next chapter of their life.
Latest School Events
- Sports Day (Weather Permitting)23Jun2020
@ St Gregory's Catholic College