RE Subject Leader Required from September 2019
Upper Pay Scale +TLR 2b. Fulltime
The governors of St John’s Catholic Primary School wish to appoint an RE subject leader to develop and grow the Catholic Life of the School. The successful candidate will be a committed and practising Catholic and an excellent practitioner who leads by example. They will have the skills, energy, drive and passion necessary to continue to develop and secure the very best outcomes for all our children, realising our vision: for everyone to shine, celebrate and grow.
We are looking for someone who:
- is a practising Catholic and committed to supporting the vision, life and ethos of a Catholic School.
- will lead the prayer life of the school and RE curriculum through outstanding and creative teaching which will motivate and inspire colleagues and pupils;
- is innovative and forward thinking;
- is reflective and focused on all children, with high expectations of their learning and behaviour ;
- is able to take an active role in the leadership and management of the school as a phase leader.
In return we can offer you:
- pupils who are enthusiastic and embrace new learning;
- a well-resourced and popular school providing a bright, attractive and stimulating environment;
- the support of parents, governors and our Parishes
- a school which is deeply caring and ambitious for its pupils;
- regular training which is encouraged and provided principally through the diocese;
- the support of a cluster RE co-ordinators’ group in the Camino Partnership (the group of Catholic primary and secondary schools in our area).
St John’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, all appointments are made subject to suitable references and receipt of an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: Monday 25th March
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd April
The governors welcome and encourage visits from all interested applicants, therefore, should you wish to arrange an appointment, please call our school office on 01225 3039900 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be returned by post or emailed to: email@example.com